Ready To Sell?
Ready to sell your home? Assisting you in selling your home includes more than just placing a photo and property information on the local Multiple Listing Service or on the internet. Preparing and marketing your home effectively to prospective buyers begins even before our very first meeting.
Sellers that take a hands-on approach are in a better position to accomplish their goals. Whether you are a veteran, or selling your home for the first time, I hope you find these suggestions useful.
Start to look at your home through the eyes of a prospective buyer; determine what will need to be repaired, replaced, cleaned, painted or tossed out.
- Repair or replace: burnt out light bulbs, torn screens, leaky faucets, loose hinges, cracked or missing caulking, make sure all appliances are in good working condition.
- Paint: painting really freshens up a home. Keep colors neutral. Don’t forget to touch up the trim.
- Clean: A clean house makes a better first impression; nothing sells better than a home that smells fresh and is clean & well-maintained. Clean out the appliances, wash windows & screens, vacuum/mop all floors and make sure the kitchen and bathrooms sparkle.
- Toss out & Declutter: Make your home as open and spacious as possible. Remove “you” from the home. Keep kitchen and bathroom counters free of clutter, clean out or box up closets to appear spacious, minimize family photos and keepsakes.
- Curb Appeal: This is the key to making the right first impression. Paint the front door, trim, and porch. Patch holes in driveways and walkways and clean out the gutters. Mow lawn, trim shrubs, rake leaves, plant flower beds, tidy up garden hoses and lawn tools, and remove toys from the front yard.
- Open the blinds and curtains: let in the natural light.
In addition to marketing your property for sale, I will assist you with all of the subsequent details that must be managed to ensure a successful real estate transaction. Call Krista Hubbard today ... I look forward to serving you.